Thursday, September 15, 2011

2nd to last week in the MTC!

Well i should get my travel plans today. We are all very excited! I most likely will be leaving a week from Monday with 4 other guys in my district to fly down. This week flew by like every other week. Sunday was a very cool day. For our fireside we watched videos on 9/11 and then watched the Mormon tabernacle presentation and it was very touching. It is amazing to think it has been 10 years but also to think how much it has done for our country. The main thing i took away from this was rise above. America rose above after the attack and became united in relief and helping out. I feel as if I have risen above certain times in my life. The problem i see with America sometimes is we don't keep that attitude. Individually i lose that attitude of rising above very often. It hit me that i cant rise above for certain occasions then go back down to where i was. I need to be constantly making steps forward although i know we all fall. I fallen many times most of all but it is all about if we can come out of it and what we learn from it.
Also this week on Tuesday we had the opportunity to hear from M. Russell Ballard. Its pretty rare i get to hear from a couple of apostles while being in the MTC but it is definitely a cool experience. First Sister Ballard started out by saying, "people don't understand how we do what we do sometimes, but they also don't know what we know." This made me think alot about Tannon. Many people included I did not know certain things that could have made everything much easier. It is a whole lot easier to lose your brother if you know he is working along side you and will be there after this life. I have truly come to believe that and see that help while i have been here. Then Elder Ballard spoke about a quote by Wilford Woodruf and stated, " No matter what comes upon you, round up your shoulders and bear it." Also, " Get over rejection, doubt, sadness, or any other negative feeling by having a picture of the savior on you at all times so that you can pull it out and sit and think for a minute. He went through the exact thing plus much much more. there is nothing that will be placed on our shoulders that we cant take with the help of the savior.
Its been a rough but good week. I'm still trying to learn as much as i can. the food is getting very very old but i have stuck to my diet most the time and am staying as healthy as possible :). This week I got a letter from a friend of mine that i haven't talked to in a while. It was one of the most exciting parts of the week and it helped alot to hear someone say something to the fact of if i work my butt off and be who i can be than there is nothing i cant do. I also to just hear from a dear friend was very nice.
Curtis, i know your reading this and i want you to know i love you man. Also please tell your parents. It means a lot to get things from your parents. Sorry i haven't written your mom back yet but i will try today!! I glad your home and now you can take care of business there. Your like a brother to me, even though your old now.
Please send grandma and Grandpa and Jean and Russell my love. I pray for them every night and am so thankful to have amazing grandparents in my life.
Family, give Brandon and Jaimie and the kids a hug for me.
I love you all!
Dad- Sounds like everything is going well. I didn't get a chance to read any of your letters yet seeing as they moved the post office and haven't printed out dear elders yet.
Mom- Its second Nephi 2. I sent you the verses in a far previous email i know. I don't have my scriptures on me and don't have time to go get them seeing as this is timed but its toward the end. if you cant find those then use DC 62:2-4 or so. Just be a good judge and use whatever. Um as far as pictures.. i haven't taken too many but ill work on that.
Samye and Family- I hope everything is well. I'm still waiting to get my drawings from the kids... but I'm excited :)
Nicki- i never heard back from you on that separate email i sent you. Just hoping you were able to take care of that for me. I also hope school is going well and boys as well. Even though i sucked at writing you, you should be the better person ! :). also all those papers you sent me. Wow its alot! and majority of the stories are missing half of them but i do appreciate it :) I have read alot of it every night before i pass out.
Alex- Ill be writing you today. I hope school is well and the boys are horrible. (nice to you but not good enough)
P.S. i learned something this week about mailing to me in Argentina. I couple people have told us you sometimes have to be sneaky if you send anything. @ tips i heard.
1-peanut butter jar and take most of the peanut butter out and put whatever inside of it.
2- Wrap whatever it is in paper of Mary. the people will be to suspicious and wont open it :). (hopefully)
Also if anything is sent to me that wont be here by the 26 then they will most likely trash it unless i can get someone to forward it to me in Argentina.





No comments:

Post a Comment