Monday, November 28, 2011

Whoo Hoo!

Well should i start with our pench almost burned down or i thought i broke my back one day? lol. Not completely serious but almost! We got a new stove last week and hooked it up. It worked just fin except for the next day when i was heating up water the hose broke and Elder Judd looked in the kitchen and the stove was shooting out flames out the back! The knos melted off and we need a new hose but thats about it i think :). The back was just that apparently the time i get on the pull up bar to work out the door frame decides to break and i land with the middle of my back on a 2 inch ledge. Just a big bruise and sore but all good :) Sometimes i wonder if Tannon is getting sick of having to watch out for me!

Well today we had to go to capital so Elder Judd could do some work for his visa papers. Took a couple pictures and we went to McDonalds!! Super Expensive though. It was a nice little sight seeing tour and ive gotten to the point i can mostly talk to people on my own.(I dont understand everything, but i just nod my head and smile and it works). I talked to people on the subways and trains and buses and got quiet a few contacts but none live in my area.

This week wasnt our best week as far as the numbers go, but we tried. All of our baptismal dates fell through, although the couple that fell through becasue they need to get married have decided they are going to get married and get it all done!! We have had some really good lessons and found new investigators which will help us alot in our work. Thursday we spent the day with a new member family doing a service project. Lee, if youd like i can come back and do some Argenntine style construction for you if youd like :). I learned how to do alll that and we had a really good discussion about faith and the scriptures. They seem like they are doing well except for the coming to church part...They along with many other members just dont see the importance of coming to church.

Good news is we maintained 120 at church this week. We had the stake presidency there, received a new branch president, and the primay program. One thing that doesnt change around the world is the primary program. Its just as funny all around the world. The kids are amazing and crazy but you can still feel a calmness and peace. Our investigator came with her 2 daughters and the daughters actually participated in the program and seemed to enjoy it. Quick little side note. A couple weeks ago we had testimony meeting. There was a member in our branch who got up and talked about the ¨end of the world¨ next year...It was a little embarrassing but he funny thing is there are alot of people here who believe it. Who knows it could be it for all i know but it shouldnt make a difference if its tommorow, next December, or 50 years from now. All i know is being here next december is going to be crazy and very interesting.

Oh, and this week Elder Aiducatis (sp) comes. The 70 over our area. Supposably last time we was here he made elders cry. We are doing our best to stay in tip-top shape to be ready for him.

Little interesting story i keep forgetting to write and tell you. Turns out one of my zone leaders was supposed to be my comp in the MTC the first time. Kind of crazy. He leaves next transfer and i still get to spend more time here. It gets hard here and super frustrating at times. I want to lay down in the AC and watch a movie on a comfy couch, but i know right now isnt the time for that. Right now is my time to change who i am and change those around me. I have something i have had my whole life but never realized how special it is untill here. Something i can give to other people to change there lives and make the time here on earth a wonderful time.

dad- I am a little trunky about thanksgiving coming up and the food and family time and what not but i think i can give 2 years of it up. There will be plenty of food and family there when i get back. Like always yall sound busy and sound like life is great!

mom- I still havent gotten the package but maybe soon. My singulair is doing fine. Tell grandma and grandpa and jean and russell hi for me. Thank you for getting a little gift for alex for me and just remember, one of those banana cream pies is for me!!! Have fun cooking!

Samye- Thank you for the letter and pictures! Im trying to put them on my camera and what not.

Nicki- Keep pushing through school and enjoying every minute of it!

Alex- I have recieved 4 letters. My problem is writing back but im trying! Keep emailing too! its easier!

No comments:

Post a Comment